Garmaine Staff asked 2 years ago

enter image description here

The smooth one is coax. I'm asking about the braided ones.

They're power, running from a metal junction box in my basement ceiling up to an outlet just above the pictured floor boards.

It's an old house, with lots of knob and tube. The box where this originates is fed by EMT.