Garmaine Staff asked 2 years ago

I'm not an electrician. Per,, I want to test the outlets in a room for the following:

  1. Overloaded neutral wire (>5 Volts AC measured between Neutral and Ground).
  2. Reversed polarity (hot and neutral wires are reversed).
  3. Missing ground wire. (Note: this also includes using a 3 prong to 2 prong adapter)

I've found simple plug-in devices on Amazon that I'm confident can test for #2 and #3, but what sort of tool do I need for #1, to measure the voltage between Neutral and Ground?